My name is Reettaleena, though hardly anyone uses my full name. Reetta, short and simple, is more popular, but many have their own nicknames for me, too. I am 24 years old, and I currently live in Finland.
I like to call myself an artist, but in case anyone needs a more precise definition, I am a dance teacher, choreographer and dancer, who loves all forms of art and will without shame take up any form of art regardless of how skilled I am at it.
Here's a list to try and break down some of the "me" :
- I love to learn new things, and studying pretty much anything that interests me even just the slightest is probably one of my favourite things to do.
- I speak Finnish, English, Swedish and French. I used to possess skills in German as well, but as I haven't had to use the language for a long time, I have forgotten most (sad face). I still want to learn at least Spanish.
- I have a degree in contemporary dance from Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance (that's in London!). Although contemporary is my main style, street styles are my passion.
- I love fashion.
- I also love unicorns. And dragons. #motherofdragons
- At the moment I work as a dance teacher and a production/administration assistant in Hurja Piruetti Western Uusimaa Dance Institute. In addition, I study a degree for which I could not find an English equivalent so I will just explain what the degree consists of. To put it real simple, we study social media, retail shop layout, photography, graphic design, and event management. Of course in reality it's much more than just that, but let's just say I get to learn and do so much cool stuff. Like this blog!
SO, to clarify: this blog is a project for my studies. I will, to the best of my abilities, post here updates of everything that goes on with my journey on Visualisti17.
Here we go!