Job description: A stylist's assistant (Stylist: Minna Lilja)
Where: Studio Skaala
Project: Promo video shoot for GastroMax
What I actually got to do:
- carrying tables, items
- cleaning, doing the dishes
- removing the items from their packages
- listening for "oh I think we need this" and then going to get the "this"
- a lot of standing around observing the filming
What surprised me:
- the amount of people on the set (photographer, stylist, two assistants, two people from the company, a cook who was part of the video)
- the amount of time it took to arrange the set for one scene/picture (a billion tiny changes until everyone were happy!)
The job was tough, and at the end of the day I was exhausted. The most difficult part was that I knew there was constantly something small to do, but because I was unaccustomed of such situations I could not pick up quickly enough on things that needed to be done. However, this improved majorly towards the end, and I reckon I did a pretty good job.